At Gordon East Public School the Band Program 2018 consists of a training band, junior concert band and senior concert band.
- training band will rehearse on Monday afternoon 3:15pm to 4:25pm and Wednesday lunchtime from 1-2 pm and provides opportunities for beginner players to participate in a training band ensemble. The members of this band will perform at both school and local functions, and are entered into competitions during the year.
- junior concert band will rehearse on Monday morning from 7:30am to 8:20am and Thursday morning from 7:50am-9am . Most children progress to this band after one year playing in training band. The members of junior concert band will perform at both school and local functions and are entered into competitions during the year.
- senior concert band will rehearse on Monday morning 8:15am to 9:05am and Friday morning 7:50 to 9am. This is the premier performance ensemble which will participate in many school based and external events during the year. Progression from the junior concert band to the senior concert band will be at the discretion of the conductors and the band program director.
For more information, download and view 2018 band program (PDF 426KB)
Fees and costs
The Gordon East Public School band committee aims to keep the band program costs as affordable as possible. The program fees are designed to cover all conductor and administrative costs and to raise funds each year to re-invest in equipment and instruments.
Invoices for the band program will be distributed by email in Term 1. Hard copy invoices are available on request.
- band fees are $525.00 per annum. Invoices are issued annually for concert bands and per semester for Training Band. Please refer to your invoice for due dates.
- a percussion fee of $40.00 per year is charged to members playing all tuned percussion and keyboard.
- training band members will be charged for the supply of an 'essential elements' music book which is issued to students at the commencement of the band year.
Instruments for hire are available on request to the band director, and are issued by the instrument hire coordinator. Instruments may be hired for a period of one year, or as agreed, and vary in pricing from $200 - $300 per year.
All band fees are non-refundable. The band committee schedules the program each year based on the members in Term 1 - including booking competitions and rehearsals. The fees directly benefit all members of the band program.